Responsible Official: VP for Research Administration
Administering Division/Department: Office of Research Administration
Effective Date: December 18, 2003
Last Revision: November 06, 2008
Title 22, Chapter 78, “Trafficking Victims Protection” (Sections 7101-7112) sets forth United States statutes regarding the prevention of and prohibition against trafficking in persons. These statutes, and regulations promulgated under these statutes, require federal grant recipients and contractors to prohibit the use of research funds received from federal sources for the promotion of prohibited trafficking activity.
This Policy Statement sets for Emory University’s opposition to the following forms of illicit behavior: prostitution and sex trafficking. This Policy Statement also prohibits the use of the research funds for promoting or advocating such behavior.
This policy applies to all researchers at Emory University and all employees or students who assist these researchers in performing tasks related to their research.
Emory University is opposed to Prostitution and Sex Trafficking and prohibits the use of any Research Funds to promote or advocate the practice of or legalization of Prostitution or Sex Trafficking.
· Commerical Sex Act: Any sex act on account of which anything of value is given to or received by any person. [See 22 U.S.C. Section 7102(3)].
· Prostitution: Any activity in which a person performs or offers or consents to perform a sexual act, including, but not limited to sexual intercourse or sodomy for money or other items of value. [See O.C.G.A. Section 16-6-7].
· Research Funds: Funds of any type received by Emory University, or provided by Emory University, for the purpose supporting any type of research carried on by the University, its employees, students, contractors, subcontractors or affiliates.
· Sex Trafficking: Recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision or obtaining of a person for the purpose of a Commercial Sex Act. [See 22 U.S.C. Section 7102(9)].
- Current Version of This Policy: http://policies.emory.edu/7.16
Subject Contact Phone For Clarification of Policy Kris West 404-727-2398 firstname.lastname@example.org
No previous versions of this policy were found.