Responsible Official: VP for Development & University Relations
Administering Division/Department: Annual Fund
Effective Date: February 07, 2005
Last Revision: February 02, 2009
The Telefund Center was created for the express purpose of generating pledge commitments for the benefit of Emory University’s annual giving programs, known as the Emory Annual Fund. The Fund includes all annual unrestricted and discretionary accounts.
The Telefund Center, featuring Ruffalo Cody’s Campus Call – a 20-seat state-of-the-art automated processing system – is in use throughout the academic year by Telefund student callers to fulfill the fundraising and participation goals of the annual fundraising campaign.
The Emory Annual Fund team is pleased to provide support for your special project when resources and logistics allow. We will do everything in our power to ensure a successful implementation of your proposed campaign.
This policy applies to all parties requesting Telefund Center support from the Emory Annual Fund.
The Telefund center will be made available for special use when the requesting entity meets the following criteria:
- The proposed call campaign is consistent with the mission and vision of both Emory University and the Emory Annual Fund.
- The project does not conflict with the Telefund’s regular production plan or its normal hours of operation. In order to meet our obligation as employer, only Telefund student callers will conduct the phone campaign.
- The request must be submitted to the Associate Vice President for Annual Giving no less than eight weeks prior to the intended start of the project.
- The requesting unit will designate a contact person who will serve as liaison to the Telefund team. This person will collaborate with the Director of the Telefund in providing the necessary materials and documentation for call script development and Telefund student training; review data requirements; and provide additional assistance as necessary.
- A member of the Emory Annual Fund staff will be present at all times during the calling campaign. In some cases, a unit representative also may need to be present.
- The data must be provided to the Director of the Telefund no less than two weeks prior to the scheduled start date. The data must meet established Telefund guidelines for content, format, and quantity in the call group. Only the Telefund’s data systems will be used to ensure the integrity of our in-house technologies. The standard interface between Campus Call and ACE will be used at all times.
- The requesting unit agrees to reimburse the Emory Annual Fund for all telephone toll charges, student payroll incurred in the course of the project, as well as a 10% surcharge for overhead expenditures (based on the total dollar amount pledged). Reimbursement must be made in a timely manner, within 30 days of the completion of the campaign, but no later than July 15th.
- Telefund Special Use Request Form : download
Subject Contact Phone Clarification of Policy Francine Cronin 404.727.4245 email@example.com