Responsible Official: VP for Development & University Relations
Administering Division/Department: Alumni Relations
Effective Date: May 01, 2007
Last Revision: May 31, 2007
To ensure that partnerships whose benefits extend to alumni of Emory are vetted by the Emory Alumni Association to both meet our expectations and avoid obligations or offerings deemed inappropriate or unsuitable to the alumni population.
The Emory Alumni Association seeks to provide a variety of benefits and services to alumni to assist in the transition from student to alumni and beyond. The Emory Alumni Association also seeks to have those offerings deemed appropriate by the Emory Alumni Board and currently offered to members of the faculty and staff community of Emory extended to the alumni body.
To this end, the Emory Alumni Association shall be represented in all negotiations for benefits and services to the University that include alumni as recipients of the benefit in their contracts. No partnership agreements or contracts listing alumni of Emory University as a beneficiary shall be executed with prior consent from the Emory Alumni Association.
All benefits and services for alumni of the university must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration:
- Should be consistent with Emory's principles and values.
- Provides high quality at a reasonable price
- Meets academic, personal and/or professional needs of students and alumni
- Does not detract from the "Emory Brand/Identity"
- Furthers the objectives of the EAA
- Provides reasonable discounts consistent with the value to the vendor of access to any Emory affinity group, or
- Provides revenue consistent with the opportunity afforded the vendor
- Does not conflict with any other valued constituency in the University System or its major relationships or donors, e.g.: distance learning offers from various schools of the University.
- Does not violate any law or regulation of the US or the States in which EAA could be seen to be doing business.
Other criterium that may be considered: Provides opportunity to develop stronger relationship with alumni, donors, corporate affiliates with services to offer.
Affinity partnerships: Any business partnerships, affiliations, discounts, benefits or services offered to members of the University community because of their affiliation with Emory.
Subject Contact Phone Clarification of Policy Allison Dykes 727-8878 firstname.lastname@example.org
No previous versions of this policy were found.