Responsible Official: Vice President for Finance/Chief Finance Officer
Administering Division/Department: Payroll
Effective Date: January 01, 2008
Last Revision: July 31, 2013
This policy addresses correction of errors in vacation or sick leave accrual.
The system may not calculate or maintain vacation or sick leave accrual properly from time to time. It is the responsibility of each employee to verify their accruals with each pay period.
A bi-weekly employee may find an error such as that no accrual took place, accrual did not occur at the right rate, balance adjustments did not accrue, or time off was charged to the wrong code.
Monthly employees may have issues with balances that may have been remaining from when the employee was bi-weekly.
1. Contact Human Resources if eligible employee’s vacation or sick leave is not accruing.
2. Contact Human Resources if the amount of the accrual is incorrect due to service dates.
3. Complete and send Vacation and Sick Leave Balance Change Form to the Payroll Department to correct balances.
4. Verify vacation and sick leave balance on the Employee Leave Accruals report.
5. Remind employees that balance adjustments can only be made with the next payroll run, and they should verify their next statement.
1. Process the Vacation and Sick Leave Balance Change Form.
2. Verify that the information was keyed correctly.
Accrual Adjustment: Correction of vacation and/or sick accrual balances that are in error.
- Current Version of This Policy: http://policies.emory.edu/2.15
- Human Resources: (http://www.hr.emory.edu/eu/)
- Vacation and Sick Leave Balance Change Form: (https://www.finance.emory.edu/home/payroll/forms1/Leave_Balance_Adjustment_Form.pdf)
- Payroll Department: (https://www.finance.emory.edu/home/payroll/index.html)
Subject Contact Phone Vacation and Sick Accrual Adjustments: Payroll Department 404.727.6100 firstname.lastname@example.org